1 hr 45 mins
Lulu #280529's Note:
This is an old family recipe from a good friend of mine. The moment I tasted it, I had to have the recipe. It takes a bit of preparation, but is well worth it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1pound each chicken breast flat (I found it easier to do this task between pieces of wax paper on my breadboard).
- 2place each piece of chicken in a bowl filled with the buttermilk and/or whole milk. let the chicken marinate in the milk for several hours (3-4). note: if you don't have the time to marinate, just dip in the milk and move on to the next step. marinating makes the chicken more moist.
- 3prepare the breadcrumb mixture as follows: place one (1) 15 oz. container of plain breadcrumbs in a large bowl. add salt and pepper to the crumbs. grate the rind of the entire fresh lemon and add to the crumbs. mix well. squeeze the lemon juice from the lemon and set aside to use later.
- 4pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. use 1/2 stick (4 tbsp.) of the unsalted butter to grease (2) two 9x13 jelly roll pans.
- 5dip each piece of chicken into the breadcrumb mix making sure to completely press-coat on both sides.
- 6place the coated chicken into the pans trying not to let the pieces touch one another. generally, only three pieces will fit in one pan.
- 7melt together: the remaining butter (1 and 1/2 sticks)and the freshly squeezed lemon juice. drizzle mixture over each piece of chicken.
- 8bake uncovered for 1 (one) hour. the edges of the chicken will become crispy and slightly dark from the drizzled butter/lemon mixture.
- 9serve with fresh cooked asparagus, potato of your choice (we like skillet cooked american fries), salad and bread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 750.9
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 156.3 mg
- Sodium 969.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 42.5 g