Recipe by SusieQusie
I'm always on the lookout for new ways to season oven fries. This twist is from Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello.
Top Review by Boomette
The taste is so good with the lemon zest, parsley and garlic. I just had a small problem. The potatoes stuck to the pyrex dish. Next time I'll cook them longer at 350 F. Made for 123 hit wonders. Thanks SusieQusie :)
- 6 idaho potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 lemons, zest of
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 3/8-inch thick slices (lengthwise) cut again into 3/8-inch thick fries.
- Place the potatoes into a bowl with cold water. Just before cooking, drain water and place potatoes on paper towel, pat dry completely. Put in a bowl; add olive oil, salt & pepper. Toss well and lay out in 1 layer on nonstick baking sheets.
- Bake until light brown, approximately 30 to 40 minutes, turning frequently until golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Add lemon zest, parsley, garlic & more salt and pepper if desired. Toss well and serve.