1/1 Photo of Baked Lemon Chicken With Chinese Lemon Sauce
Chef Dine's Note:
An instant hit! 1/2 the fat of the chinese restaurant versions. This comes from Betty Crocker's Best Chicken Recipes. You won't have any leftovers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cayenne pepper (1/2 tsp if you like spicier)
- cooking spray
- 1/2 lemon, cut into thin slices
- 1 green onion, chopped (about 1 Tbls)
Chinese Lemon Sauce
- 1Cut each chicken breast half lengthwise. Mix egg white and water in a medium glass or plastic bowl. Add chicken; turn to coat both sides and let stand 10 minutes.
- 2Heat oven to 450 degrees. Spray nonstick cookie sheet with cooking spray. Remove chicken from egg mixture; discard egg mixture. Mix flour, baking soda and red pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Add 1 chicken piece at a time. Seal bag; shake to coat chicken. Place chicken on cookie sheet; spray with cooking spray about 5 seconds or until surface of chicken appears moist.
- 3Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. While chicken is baking, prepare Chinese Lemon Sauce. Let chicken stand 5 minutes;slice each piece into 5 slices. Pour sacue over chicken. Garnish with lemon slices and green onion.
- 4Chinese Lemon Sauce: Heat all ingredients except cornstarch and cold water to boiling in 1-quart suacepan, stirring occasionally. Mix cornstarch and cold water; stir into sauce. Cook and stir about 30 seconds or until thickened. Serve warm, or cover and refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
- 5This meal is excellent with steamed broccoli.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Lemon Chicken With Chinese Lemon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.2
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 681.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 27.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: