Prep 12 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I haven't tried this dish yet, but it looks SOO yummy. It says to cook for 1 hour, but i would test the meat for total doneness. Prep time includes marinating overnight.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free butter
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Bone and pound the chicken breasts.
- Dredge with flour.
- Melt the butter in a baking pan.
- Coat chicken on all sides, turning skin side up if not boneless.
- Bake at 375 degrees, brushing with pan drippings for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the lemon baste, where you mix 1/3 cup lemon juice, minced onion, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Brush chicken with part of the baste, and bake, brushing with the remaining baste for 30 minutes longer or until done.
- Serve with rice and a vegetable.
I served this to a friend that is a very picky eater when it comes to fish, meat or chicken - she loved this recipe, After pounding and dreging the chicken in flour I pan browned it on both sides then finished the chicken in the oven drizzling it with the lemon/onion/garlic sauce. Result -excellent moist tender chicken with a great flavor Thanks FireRose