Top Review by BothFex
Made the basic recipe (didn't use the almonds though or any of the options)- my family LOVED this! My local market always has turkey legs on sale- and I always buy them to make broth. This will be the new standard for all the leftover meat. My husband and boys thank you. Maybe if I'm really cool I'll try the sea shell thing. ; )
- 2 cups cooked turkey, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, toasted, remove skins, chopped
- 3 teaspoons onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon rind, grated and chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, to moisten
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated or 1 cup any cheese, of your choice
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes
- Old Bay Seasoning
- minced garlic
- cilantro, chopped fine
- bell pepper, chopped
- pimiento, chopped
- pineapple, drained and chopped
- apple, cored, skinned and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine turkey through lemon juice. Add mayonnaise to moisten, add cheese and toss lightly. Adjust the salt and black pepper - to taste. Add any options, adjusting to taste.
- Place mixture in a lightly buttered casserole dish and cover.
- Bake for 20- 25 minutes or until heated through. Serve hot over biscuits or rice.
- Or serve cold as a filling for Sterling's Seashell Sandwiches recipe (Recipe #50087).