Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A tasty and easy way to savor the last of the turkey. You can sub any meat ie: chicken, tuna, lobster, crab etc. We do whatever I have in the pantry or what's on sale. This goes over well with any age. Also see Sterling's Seashell Sandwiches.
- 2 cups cooked turkey, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, toasted, remove skins, chopped
- 3 teaspoons onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon rind, grated and chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, to moisten
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated or 1 cup any cheese, of your choice
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes
- Old Bay Seasoning
- minced garlic
- cilantro, chopped fine
- bell pepper, chopped
- pimiento, chopped
- pineapple, drained and chopped
- apple, cored, skinned and chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine turkey through lemon juice. Add mayonnaise to moisten, add cheese and toss lightly. Adjust the salt and black pepper - to taste. Add any options, adjusting to taste.
- Place mixture in a lightly buttered casserole dish and cover.
- Bake for 20- 25 minutes or until heated through. Serve hot over biscuits or rice.
- Or serve cold as a filling for Sterling's Seashell Sandwiches recipe (Recipe #50087).