Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Saw this in a magazine, looked glamorous and perfect for a dinner party
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 10 peppercorns
- 4 leeks, washed,trimmed and halved lengthways
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 20 g butter
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Place stock, sherry, thyme and peppercorns in a baking dish.
- Wrap leek with prosciutto.
- Place in dish with other ingredients and dot with butter.
- Cover and bake for 40minutes.
- Uncover dish and bake for 5 more minutes to crisp prosciutto.
- Serve hot.
Delicious - my new favourite leek recipe. Note for others: have your baking dish with stock mixture at the ready, as it is quite difficult to hold your halved leeks together while washing and while wrapping in the prosciutto, but its well worth the effort! The amazing aroma towards the end while this is baking is a great indicator of just how tasty this dish is. Thanks for a favourite keeper!
Yummy! I halved the recipe as a side dish for dinner tonight, and there's not a morsel left. The thyme flavour really comes through, and the leeks were juicy and tender, and really, can you ever go wrong with prosciutto? Thanks MrsSPheonix!