Recipe by basia1
Delicious meal. again, from Linda Fraszer's "Vegetarian Cooking"
Top Review by Pets'R'us
Wonderful leek dish, the only things I did different were, cutting up the leeks and I added grated nutmeg to the sauce. Next time I will broably leave out the breadcrumbs, add the cheese to the sauce and then bake for 10-15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 small leeks (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 2 small eggs or 1 large egg, beaten
- 5 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh white breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup brown breadcrumbs
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Butter a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Trim the leeks, cut a slit from the top to bottom and rinse well under cold water.
- Place the leeks in a saucepan of water, brind to a boil, and simmer gently for 6-8 minutes, until just tender.
- Remove and drain well using sloted spoon.
- Arrange (line'em up) in the prepared dish.
- Beat the eggs with the goat cheese, yogurt, and half the Parmesan cheese.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Pour the cheese and yogurt mixture over the leeks.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the remaining Parmesan cheese, and sprinkle over the sauce.
- Back for 35-40 minutes, until the top is crisp and golden brown.