Recipe by Derf
Nice zesty side dish with a little jalapeno added. (I just happened to have yellow and orange tomatoes on hand, it's ok to use all red or all of any colour or any combination.)
- 1 vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 yellow tomatoes or 4 orange tomatoes, sliced
- 1 leek, white part only, well washed and sliced on the diagonal
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Spray an oven proof gratin dish with veggie spray.
- Cover bottom of dish with half the leek slices and layer half the tomato slices over to cover.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle half the olive oil over all.
- Make a second layer, ending with the tomato slices, salt and pepper and olive oil.
- Top with Jalapeno and sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered,in 400F oven for 30 minutes.