Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A rich, savory cheese spread featuring the tastes of Italy, warm and comforting!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated asiago cheese
- 1⁄3 cup pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced roasted garlic
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced roasted red pepper (from the jar is fine)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parma ham or 2 tablespoons prosciutto (omit if making vegetarian style)
- 1⁄4 cup cooked small white beans
- 1⁄3 cup chopped black olives or 1⁄3 cup green olives (your choice)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, cream together the cream cheese, Parmesan, and Asagio; spread into the bottom of a 9-inch deep-dish pie dish.
- Mix together the pesto and roasted garlic; spread in a layer over the cheeses on the dish.
- Spread the shredded mozzarella over the pesto layer, then sprinkle with the roasted red pepper.
- Mix together the Parma ham or prosciutto and the cooked white beans; set aside.
- To arrange the last layer, mentally divide the contents of the dish into three equal"pie slice" shaped sections, then: (1) over one section, arrange the black or green olives, (2) over another section, arrange the artichoke hearts, (3) and over another layer the Parma and bean mixture.
- Sprinkle the entire dish with the onion and parsley, and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes and it's bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve hot with dippers such as endive leaves or thin slices of toasted Italian bread.
- Notes: you can leave out the Parma ham if you want it to be vegetarian; also, this can be made up ahead of time and reheated, if necessary.
Would love to see a photo of this!
Made this dish for a party! Great Flavor! Followed recipe exactly and got rave reviews from everyone! Thanks for sharing!