Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A bit less fattening than the original version.
Make and share this Baked Latkes recipe from Food.com.
- 907.18 g potatoes (shredded or grated)
- 1 onion (shredded or grated)
- 2 eggs
- salt, pepper
- 59.14 ml matzo meal or 59.14 ml flour
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Drain excess liquid from potatoes. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spray two baking sheets.
- Add latke mixture by 1/4 cup; flatten.
- Bake 15 minutes; turn latkes; and bake 10 minutes longer.
- Serve with applesauce or sour cream.
Excellent recipe! I especially like these extra-thin and crispy. The recipe is just as delighful with yams in place of potatoes!
I halved the recipe for 4 people. I used a thin spatula to flip them and they were nice and crispy brown. I have never tried latkes before, but these are great! I may add some more seasoning the next time though. Thanks for posting!
So yummy! I used LOTS of cooking spray and had no trouble with sticking. Before I flipped them over, I sprayed each latke with a little olive oil spray and some more cooking spray. My kids just loved these. They asked if they could have them for breakfast the next morning too. I love that they are not fried! Thanks for sharing, will be making these lots : )