Recipe by chia
this is baked but the oil gives it that crispy fried taste--wonderful any time of the year.
Top Review by Kimke
I modified this a bit, thinking that the oil was a bit much so I just sprayed them with my oil spritzer and cooked. Definately not the same as fried but good because they were probably alot lower in fat.
Directions See How It's Made
- peel and quarter, then boil the potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes, let them cool.
- preheat oven to 400.
- mash potatoes, add eggs, onions, matzoh meal, salt, and pepper to taste and shape into pancakes.
- pour oil into baking dishes until 1/4" full.
- add latkes, and coat with the oil on both sides.
- bake 20-30 minutes, turn over and bake 10-15 minutes more until browned on both sides.