Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a dinner that's popular when I make it. It holds it shape very nicely when you slice it and put it on your plate.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- 1 cup lambrusko wine
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce (I use Prego)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (16 ounce) boxcurly lasagna noodles
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
- Sprinkle meats liberally with onion and garlic powder and cook in large skillet.
- Drain excess fat.
- Add wine and simmer until wine is absorbed (usually 20 minutes or so).
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomato paste.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 10-15 minutes.
- Boil lasagna as directed on package.
- Combine cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and pepper in small bowl.
- Blend well.
- In a greased 13 x 9 pan arrange a layer of lasagna, spread with a layer of cottage cheese mixture, a layer of meat sauce and a layer of mozzarella.
- Repeat until all ingredients are used (save enough sauce for top).
- Bake in 350 oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
- *Note*You may make this ahead, cover and refrigerate but remember that because it's so thick it will take closer to 1 hour to bake.