1/1 Photo of Baked Lasagna
1 hr 15 mins
This is the top lasagna recipe in our family. It originally came from a junior league recipe book called River Road Recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 14.79 ml dried chopped parsley
- 14.79 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml tomatoes (or one can of diced tomatoes)
- 2 (340.19 g) can tomato paste
- 226.79 g package dry lasagna noodles
- 680.38 g carton cottage cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml dried chopped parsley
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 453.59 g grated mozzarella cheese
- 1Brown meat slowly.
- 2Add next 6 ingredients to meat (garlic through tomato paste).
- 3Add one tomato paste can of water.
- 4Simmer uncovered until thick or about 45 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile combine cottage cheese with eggs, salt, pepper, parsley and Parmesan.
- 6Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 7Also meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles in boiling water until tender.
- 8Drain and rinse with cold water.
- 9Spray a 13X9X2 baking pan with vegetable oil spray.
- 10Place 1/2 of the noodles in the bottom of the pan.
- 11Spread 1/2 of the cottage cheese mixture over the noodles.
- 12Next layer 1/2 of the meat mixture over the cottage cheese, then sprinkle 1/2 of the mozzarella over the meat.
- 13Layer again with noodes, cottage cheese, meat and mozzarella cheese.
- 14Bake at 375 for 30 minutes, until bubbling and mozzarella has browned some.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.1
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 153.7 mg
- Sodium 1510.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 45.3 g