Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the top lasagna recipe in our family. It originally came from a junior league recipe book called River Road Recipes.
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 14.79 ml dried chopped parsley
- 14.79 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml tomatoes (or one can of diced tomatoes)
- 2 (340.19 g) can tomato paste
- 226.79 g package dry lasagna noodles
- 680.38 g carton cottage cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml dried chopped parsley
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 453.59 g grated mozzarella cheese
- Brown meat slowly.
- Add next 6 ingredients to meat (garlic through tomato paste).
- Add one tomato paste can of water.
- Simmer uncovered until thick or about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine cottage cheese with eggs, salt, pepper, parsley and Parmesan.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Also meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles in boiling water until tender.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Spray a 13X9X2 baking pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Place 1/2 of the noodles in the bottom of the pan.
- Spread 1/2 of the cottage cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Next layer 1/2 of the meat mixture over the cottage cheese, then sprinkle 1/2 of the mozzarella over the meat.
- Layer again with noodes, cottage cheese, meat and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes, until bubbling and mozzarella has browned some.
Excellent meld of flavors! Super dish that the whole family loved. I am replacing the lasagna recipe which I have used for about 25 years with this recipe! Used a can of Italian flavored diced tomatoes and wedge of hand grated parm.Used fresh parsley, oregano, and basil. Thanks Pan Nan for posting this family favorite of yours!
I love to eat lasagna, and I'm always looking for a new way to make it taste better than the last one. I will now stop looking. This was truly the best lasagna I've made. I made 4 of them for my daughters birthday party, and they were eatten all gone!!!!!!! Now when I go somewhere and am asked to bring something, they ask for the lasagna from the birthday party.
This was so good!!!!! A real keeper to say the least. Sauce had a wonderful flavor.