Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are great used as a topping for a green tossed salad. One way of getting another vegetable into your diet!! I like to use the orange coloured ones for these but I have also used the golden and the ordinary purple skinned ones if I haven't been able to find them. This recipe comes from my youngest daughter who added these to our salads when were visiting. I just had to keep making them on our return home and have posted it here so I don't forget what to do!!!!
- Peel the kumara and then using your potato peeler peel into ribbons.
- Toss them in the olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Spread out on a shallow baking tray.
- Bake in a hot oven about 10 mins until golden and crispy. Toss every few minutes to cook evenly. Keep an eye on them to prevent burning.
- Top off a green tossed salad with these and other goodies such as grated parmesan cheese, strips of red pepper, roasted cashews & chopped spring onions. Use your favourite dressing or just toss through a little olive oil & balsamic vinegar. Makes a simple salad look more impressive. :).
Sorry haven't rated yet, just had to do this so I would find this easily again, can't wait to try it. Will definiately rate soon. Thanks
Great easy way of preparing kumara so that kids will eat them! Didn't have enough kumara to make enough kumara a feature of todays meal but this was perfect for finishing off the lonely little one in the back of the fridge that was at risk of not being otherwise eaten.
These made a tasty and healthy topping for our turkey burgers today. I cooked as directed then tossed them with a little barbecue sauce. Yummy! Thanks Jen T!