Recipe by Jen T
These are great used as a topping for a green tossed salad. One way of getting another vegetable into your diet!! I like to use the orange coloured ones for these but I have also used the golden and the ordinary purple skinned ones if I haven't been able to find them. This recipe comes from my youngest daughter who added these to our salads when were visiting. I just had to keep making them on our return home and have posted it here so I don't forget what to do!!!!
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the kumara and then using your potato peeler peel into ribbons.
- Toss them in the olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Spread out on a shallow baking tray.
- Bake in a hot oven about 10 mins until golden and crispy. Toss every few minutes to cook evenly. Keep an eye on them to prevent burning.
- Top off a green tossed salad with these and other goodies such as grated parmesan cheese, strips of red pepper, roasted cashews & chopped spring onions. Use your favourite dressing or just toss through a little olive oil & balsamic vinegar. Makes a simple salad look more impressive. :).