Prep 35 mins
Cook 40 mins
Even more delicious if you add 8 ounces of cooked shrimp or sliced chicken or both.
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb cooked ham, diced (1-1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 lb kielbasa, halved lengthwise, sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried cajun seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- Heat oven to 375. Spray 13x9 inch (3 quart) glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook bacon in large saucepan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until crisp, stirring frequently. Remove bacon from saucepan; drain on paper towel.
- To drippings in saucepan; add celery, bell pepper and onions; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add ham, kielbasa, tomatoes, broth, water, thyme and Cajun seasoning; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and cooked bacon. Pour mixture into sprayed baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 375 for 30 to 40 minutes or until rice is tender. Uncover; stir before serving. If desired, garnish with additional thyme sprigs.
This was really good! It was a hit with my family!