1 hr 2 mins
A modified WW recipe. Whilst not as great as the fried kind (sigh), they are certainly an excellent substitute and much healthier! Double the recipe to use an entire
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Stir in 50g sugar and yeast.
- 2Make a well in the flour. Add the beaten egg. Add milk and mix into a dough.
- 3On a floured board, knead the dough until soft - about 5 minutes. Divide the dough into 20 portions and roll into balls. Place on a greased baking tray, cover with clingwrap or a damp teatowel and leave the dough to double in size in warm place.
- 4Bake in a 220 degree celcius oven for 12 - 15 minutes or until well risen and browned. Cool slightly.
- 5Combine extra sugar and cinnamon.
- 6Make a small incision in the doughnut and fill with a teaspoon of jam (a syringe or narrow spoon works well). Brush lightly with water and roll into the cinnamon sugar.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Jam Doughnuts
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.7
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 18.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 4.0 g