Prep 50 mins
Cook 12 mins
A modified WW recipe. Whilst not as great as the fried kind (sigh), they are certainly an excellent substitute and much healthier! Double the recipe to use an entire
- 500 g plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 g caster sugar
- 7 g instant yeast
- 1 beaten egg
- 250 ml lukewarm milk
- jam, of your choice
- 50 g caster sugar, extra
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Stir in 50g sugar and yeast.
- Make a well in the flour. Add the beaten egg. Add milk and mix into a dough.
- On a floured board, knead the dough until soft - about 5 minutes. Divide the dough into 20 portions and roll into balls. Place on a greased baking tray, cover with clingwrap or a damp teatowel and leave the dough to double in size in warm place.
- Bake in a 220 degree celcius oven for 12 - 15 minutes or until well risen and browned. Cool slightly.
- Combine extra sugar and cinnamon.
- Make a small incision in the doughnut and fill with a teaspoon of jam (a syringe or narrow spoon works well). Brush lightly with water and roll into the cinnamon sugar.