Recipe by The Range Rover
This recipe came from a friend of mine. She gave me the base for the recipe and I added an item or two being inventive. This is also good if lightly breaded. Even my kids like this and I hope yours does too.
- 12 medium jalapenos
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 24 slices bacon
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (cajun spice seasoning is better if you can get it)
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese (finely shredded)
- 1 -2 ounce olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Set out cream cheese to let it get soft.
- Take the jalapenos and cut in halves.
- Make sure you remove all seeds and the enter membrane that the seeds are on.
- Once the cream cheese is soft mix in the Monterey jack, cayenne pepper or cajun spice if you have that instead of the cayenne.
- Fill each half with the mix and then wrap each piece with a slice of bacon.
- Slightly oil cookie sheet with olive oil and place stuffed jalapenos on it.
- Put in an oven at 375°F and cook until bacon starts to crisp.
- Make sure not to cook to long, you don't want the cream cheese to become to soft.