1/5 Photos of Baked Jalapeno Poppers
Cilantro in Canada's Note:
My husband loves these so much that each fall we pick a bushel of jalapeno peppers, fill them and freeze them. In fact we had to buy a second freezer just to accommodate these peppers. This recipe is courtesy of Emeril Lagasse. If you like these hot, leave in some seeds or membranes. The original recipe calls for 1/2 teaspoon cumin but I do not like it so I leave it out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise with stems and membranes removed
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese or 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 8 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence (posted separately by others members)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- sour cream, for serving
- 1Using your food processor, combine cream cheese, cheese, cumin (if using) and cayenne until well mixed.
- 2In a separate bowl combine eggs, milk and 2 teaspoons of the Essence (or to taste).
- 3In another dish, mix together the breadcrumbs and 4 teaspoons of the Essence (or to taste).
- 4Using gloves, fill each pepper with about a tablespoon of filling depending on the size of the pepper. I find filling all the peppers first before moving on to the next step works best for me.
- 5Dip each filled pepper into the flour, then into the egg mixture and finally into the breadcrumbs.
- 6At this point the peppers can be frozen on cookie sheets. Just pop into the oven frozen when you need them.
- 7Cook at 350°F for 30 minutes on a greased pan. Easy release foil or parchment paper works well too.
- 8To cut down on the heat when eating, serve with sour cream.
Browse Our Top Celebrity Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Jalapeno Poppers
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.4
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 116.0 mg
- Sodium 328.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Emeril's Original Essence