This is such a simple, quick meal. It's a very British way to serve a baked potato! Baked beans here are different than in the US so if you can get a British brand, the recipe would be more authentic. British beans are cooked in a tomato sauce with no BBQ flavour. That said, I'm sure this would be yummy with BBQ beans as well!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Bake the potatoes as per your personal preference- I bake them in the oven for about an hour, until the skins are firm and the centres are soft. You may like to smear with butter, sprinkle with salt and wrap in foil.
- Towards the end of the potatoes' cooking time, heat the baked beans in a pan on the stove, until hot.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, cut into quarters without cutting the whole way through. Squeeze the outside of each quarter to "pucker up" the flesh.
- Pour the desired amount of baked beans over the potato and sprinkle with grated cheddar.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and serve!
I needed a really quick dinner tonight and this fit the bill beautifully. I cooked the potato in the microwave and the beans in tomato sauce on the stove. The cheese used was a 3-cheese Italian blend. The end result was delicious. Made for ZWT6 Family Picks
Great quick easy lunch thoroughly enjoyed by the DM and myself. This was made super quick by the use of the microwave 12 minutes for the potatoes and 2 minutes for the baked beans. Thank you Shuzbud, made for Everyday a Holiday.