Recipe by **Jubes**
A simple baked fish dish with Italian flavours. Always a winner in our home. Serve with veges or a salad. Use a gluten free tomato sauce to make this dish GF.
Top Review by morgainegeiser
I made these as individual foil dinners. The fish cooked easily and turned out moist but still flakey. The chunky sauce did make things a little too moist in the foil, so that the fish was sitting in a lot if juices. I made it with Michigan whitefish and it had a good flavor.
- 4 (200 g) white fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce, use a chunky bottled sauce
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Arrange fish in a single layer on an oiled, shallow baking dish.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and saute onion until translucent.
- Add tomato sauce, celery, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon sauce over fillets.
- Cover and bake 25 minutes.
- NOTE: If you dont have a baking dish with a cover you can cook the fish is an aluminium foil parcel. Lay foil on your baking tray. Spray with oil. Spread on the fish and top with the sauce. Lay another layer of foil over the top and firmly fold all of the foil's edges together to enclose the fish. Alternatively you can cook the fish in individual foils and serve in the foil parcel.