Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Brimming with tasty sausage and colourful peppers.A great slow cooker favourite in our house.As you can see it is your choice of pasta.Enjoy!
- 9.85 ml oil
- 907.18 g Italian sausage, cut in 1 pieces
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 stalk celery, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1.23 ml thyme
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 283.49 g can tomato soup
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 473.18 ml rigatoni pasta, cooked very al dente
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- In a skillet, heat 1Tbsp oil over Medium-High heat. Add sausage and cook till no longer pink.
- With slotted spoon, transfer to slow cooker and drain liquid from pan. Reduce heat to Medium.
- Pour remaining oil to pan, add onion and celery and cook vegetables until soft stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and cook 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add tomato soup, chicken broth and worcestershire sauce.
- Transfer sauce to slow cooker. Cover with lid and cook 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High.
- Add pasta during last hour of cooking time.
- Add cheese and green pepper and cook on High 20 minutes more until cheese is melted and pepper is heated through.
- For the picture I posted I made this ahead and refrigerated.
- When the meal was due I heated it up 60 minutes 350*oven; added cheese last 15 minutes.
My family really enjoyed this sauce! Quick and easy to boot. I didn't have any tomato soup on hand so used a can and a half of tomato paste with water to thin. It smelled wonderful all day in the crockpot too! Completely forgot to add the cheese, but it was still fabulous! We used it as a sauce over spaghetti. Thanks Sage/Rita for a keeper in our house!
This is tasty and easy. I did use only half the amount of sausage to decrease the calories and fat and still present a good dinner. I cooked it on top of the stove and then put it in the oven for 30 minutes. I didn't have rigatoni on hand so used wagon wheels. The looked nice and tasted fine. Thanks for sharing your recipe.