Recipe by Dominick & Amanda
These potatoes are delicious. They can be served as a side dish or an entree.
Top Review by Satyne
Made for my 3 chefs June 2012. I served this with Recipe #142011 and some gremolata and this all went together amazingly. I lost track of how long I left the potatos in the oven, but they came out smelling and tasting great.
Thank you so much for sharing, this was a real pleasure. Also, didn't have tomato sauce so used approx half a cup of tomato paste for this.
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 potatoes, baked
- 1⁄3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- parmesan cheese, grated, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes in oven or microwave.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat oil in small sauce pan. Add mushrooms, scallions, garlic, and oregano. Cook over med-high heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce to mushroom mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, for another 3 minutes.
- Split and fluff the baked potatoes.
- Spoon tomato sauce over each of the potatoes and top with mozzarella cheese. Add a little Parmesan cheese if you'd like.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-8 minutes (until cheese is melted). Garnish with fresh parsley.