Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
These were an experiment I did for tonight's meal and I think they turned out pretty well. They aren't out and out low fat but the only fat used is extra virgin olive oil so it is a good fat and a little bit of fresh Parmesan cheese and you could use the reduced fat version of that if desired. So, far better than deep fried French fries.
Top Review by minmin-mika
Nicely seasoned, it was really really delicious!! This meal is a favorite comfort food and it's easy to make. I can add anything of my like. I added Crazy Salt and garlic powder a little more. YUMMY!! My whole family enjoyed it more than expected! And my family voted it a KEEPER!! Thanks for a wonderful recipe!
- 3 potatoes
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut each potato in half length wise and then quarter each half to make potato edges.
- Arrange the wedges on a baking tray with the skin side down.
- In a bowl mix together the oil, herbs and garlic salt.
- Brush the oil mixture onto each potato wedge.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the wedges.
- Put in the oven and bake for about 25 to 35 minutes or until done depending on the thickness of your wedges.