Recipe by Spit In Soup
This is an easy, cheap, lasagna-style pasta dish. My kids make it on their cooking night. Use any non-string pasta - macaroni, small shells, penne, etc. Use ground turkey and low fat cheeses to make more healthful. If I have time, I will saute onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, zucchini or something else on hand with the meat and add to the sauce.
- 2 lbs dry pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cups prepared spaghetti sauce
- 32 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta per package directions. Always salt pasta water. Pour cooked pasta into greased 9x13" baking pan.
- While pasta is cooking, brown meat. Once cooked thru, add sauce and let simmer while you finish cheese step.
- Put cottage cheese in a mixing bowl, add egg, garlic, salt and pepper to taste, 1/4 c parm cheese and 1/2 c mozzarella cheese. Mix well.
- Spread cheese mixture over pasta. Pour sauce mixture over cheese. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 until bubbly and cheese is golden brown, about 30-40 minutes.