Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This dish can also be baked in individual ramekins if preferred. Add a salad and hot crusty bread for quick and easy meal.
Top Review by mianbao
I'm trying to decide whether to call this 3 or 4 stars, but think I'll go with 3. I halved the recipe, but did not change any ingredients or proportions. I quite liked it. However I have liked every oyster dish I have ever eaten, and I do not think I will make this again. It came out very bready (yes, you can tell that from the amount of bread crumbs, it's true), and also very rich with so much butter and oil. I think it must be like "oyster dressing" which I have heard about. If I were to make it again I would cut the butter and oil in half, at least. I would also probably reduce the bread crumbs somewhat. Thank you for an interesting experience.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 5 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons chopped green onions
- salt and pepper
- 2 pints fresh oysters, well drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In large heavy saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Mix in olive oil and heat for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except oysters.
- Mix well and remove from heat.
- Add well drained oysters to saucepan and toss gently.
- Place in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 425 for 20-30 minutes or until browned.