Recipe by HeatherFeather
These are really tasty and I love that they are baked in the oven rather than pan-fried. I found this recipe in Cooking light originally and have made them several times with great success. They freeze well after cooking - I just thaw them and add them to simmering sauce for a great spaghetti dinner on busy nights.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped (a must - dried will not do in this)
- 1⁄4 cup unseasoned tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon low sodium salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced,more to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Spray a broiler pan with broiling rack well with nonstick spray (I line the bottom part with foil and then spray).
- Combine all ingredients well.
- Form into 30 meatballs using a 1 1/2" diameter scoop (or use your hands).
- Set on sprayed broiler rack in prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Add these meatballs to your favorite sauce and serve over pasta or in a hoagie roll with sauce& cheese to make a great sandwich.