Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Today as I make my baked mac and cheese I found this on the back of my R&F elbow pasta. It looks very yummy.
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 8 -10 slices bacon
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 cups half-and-half
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Fontina cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 cup dry Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook pasta as package directs; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp; remove and crumble;set aside.
- Pour off all drippings except one tablespoon.
- Add garlic; cook and stir until tender.
- Gradually stir in milk, beat in eggs and Italian seasonings.
- Cook and stir until hot and slightly thickened.
- Stir in cheddar and fontina cheeses; cook and stir until melted.
- Stir in parmesan cheese, pasta and bacon.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Top with the bread crumbs.
- Bake 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
Thanks for this recipe. I enjoyed making it. I added green onions to it for added flavor, and topped with bacon slices before baking. Although I prefer mac & cheese made with a bechemel sauce, using eggs made a lighter and fluffier texture. Thanks for sharing kittycara.
Very good even though I skiped the bacon. We also used basil instead of Italian Seasoning. Thanks for sharing!