Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this chicken dish up on a busy weeknight when I couldn't come up with any ideas on what to make for dinner. We loved it and I hope you do to.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Make a pocket out of foil and place chicken breasts inside.
- Coarsely chop the potatoes (do not peel potatoes) and onions and put inside the foil pocket on top of the chicken.
- Add salt, pepper, butter, Italian herb seasoning and butter. Toss to coat all ingredients well. Add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Place bay leaf on top.
- Seal the foil pocket and place on a cookie sheet and bake for 30-45 minutes until chicken is done.
- Allow pocket to sit for 5 minutes before you try to open it. The steam is very hot and can burn you.
This was an amazing meal. My only concern was with my potatoes. The ones near the bottom were fully cooked and soft but near the top they were cooked but still hard. Did I not seal it properly? Other than that it was incredible.
Wow, what great flavor this has! I used chicken breasts with the bone-in (moister that way) so cooked for about 1 hour. Like twisis, I added shrooms as well. Thanks for posting Pepper Monkey.
This was ideal for us! My DH & I had a 4-day fishing trip planned for during ZWT w/3 other couples. I decided to make the best of it & pick portable dishes to easily work in that setting. I used chicken wings because breasts are so high-priced here & added mushrooms. I did put the wings on top in the packets because I wanted the chicken to flavour the potatoes & onions when cooked. I double-wrapped the foil packets, cooked them ahead of time, froze them, packed them in the cooler as we left & then grilled them to reheat everything the 2nd nite of our trip. This was tasty & warming at the end of the day w/some red wine & bruschetta. Man, were our friends impressed! Thx for posting.