Recipe by Pepper Monkey
I made this chicken dish up on a busy weeknight when I couldn't come up with any ideas on what to make for dinner. We loved it and I hope you do to.
Top Review by soccercitten_10443030
This was an amazing meal. My only concern was with my potatoes. The ones near the bottom were fully cooked and soft but near the top they were cooked but still hard. Did I not seal it properly? Other than that it was incredible.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 teaspoons butter
- 1 onion
- 5 -8 baby red potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Make a pocket out of foil and place chicken breasts inside.
- Coarsely chop the potatoes (do not peel potatoes) and onions and put inside the foil pocket on top of the chicken.
- Add salt, pepper, butter, Italian herb seasoning and butter. Toss to coat all ingredients well. Add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Place bay leaf on top.
- Seal the foil pocket and place on a cookie sheet and bake for 30-45 minutes until chicken is done.
- Allow pocket to sit for 5 minutes before you try to open it. The steam is very hot and can burn you.