Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 5 medium red potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 12 large eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (fresh basil would also be nice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- Sauté potato in oil in large skillet for 10 minutes.
- Add onion, green pepper and garlic, sauté until tender.
- Add broccoli; cook and cover 5 minutes.
- Arrange mixture in an 11x7x1-inch baking dish.
- Combine eggs and next five ingredients; beat until blended.
- Pour over potato mixture.
- Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
I made this for a baby shower. It was a hit. I added more potato and green peppers than the recipe called for. Used shredded parmesian and added lots of bacon too. I baked it in a 13 x 9 pan at 350 for around 45 minutes. This large dish was enough for the 20 guests. (we had other food too) Will definitely make this again.