Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion, including green tops
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Coat cups in miniature (1 3/4-inch cups) muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, celery flakes, garlic powder and red pepper; stir until well blended, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine egg white, milk and vegetable oil; stir well.
- Add liquids to dry ingredients; stir until just blended.
- Stir in green onion.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake until hush puppies are golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.