Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Bake chicken wing without frying.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 4 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons oil
- In a bowl combine all of the dry ingredients and set aside until needed.
- Cut off the wings tips and halves the wing and drum. Place the wings and drum into a large mixing bowl and coat with the oil. Mix well and add all of the seasoning and blend into the chicken wings. Let the mixture set in refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven 375°.
- Place the wings onto a baking pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve with ranch dressing.
Fantastic! Made as directed, except for baking time, and wouldn't change a thing. I took my wings out after 35 minutes as they seemed done. But maybe leaving them in for 45 minutes, as directed, would have made them crisper? I also made the mistake of eating with a salad with Chipotle Ranch dressing, and between the two, a little too spicy for me. My bad. Next time I will use plain ranch. But there will definitely be a next time!
Nicely flavored. I tossed the wings in Frank's wing sauce after baking so probably should have omitted the cayenne pepper as they were plenty hot!!
These wings packed a very nice punch without blowing you out of the water, I served with recipe #94211 but that said I think the ranch dressing on the side would not be such a bad idea to temper the heat - I really think the DM could have done with it but still very much enjoyed. I only removed the tip and baked at 175C fan forced for 50 minutes which resulted in meat that fell off the bone and was still moist. Thank you Chef #DBLEE, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.