Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I threw this together for my mom who is on atkins and is always looking for recipes that are easy, flavorful and allow her to stay on her diet. She loved these, hope you do to.
- 2 lbs chicken drummettes
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 6 ounces franks buffalo wing sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a disposable aluminum cookie sheet that has 1/2 - 1 inch sides with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Combine all above ingredients except chicken to make hot sauce marinade and blend well.
- Dip chicken pieces in hot wing sauce and coat evenly. Place chicken pieces in an even layer on disposable cookie sheet. Pour remaining hot sauce evenly over chicken pieces.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour until chicken is cooked through and chicken skin is crispy.
- Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping. Enjoy.
I loved these. Adjusted the seasoning a little (increased the cayenne & cumin to 1/4t, cider vinegar to 2T-love tang, and hot sauce to 7oz). I also increased the oven temp to 375 the last 10-15 min and basted the chicken to make them really saucy.
Put this together for a great football afternoon, and let me tell you, these are so heavenly. I upped the cayenne, and they were perfect. I also followed another reviewer, and increased the heat for the last 10 minutes to 375. Gobble, gobble, gone!
I was looking for a good baked hotwing recipe and came across this one. It was very very good. I do love Franks. I used Franks Hot Sauce rather than the buffalo sauce, but it was excellent. Thanks for sharing!