1/3 Photos of Baked Horseradish Salmon With Chardonnay Chive Butter Sauce
This is a recipe that I've had for several years. It calls for a lot of butter, but it can be cut back considerably and still have a nice flavor. From "Seasonal Celebrations across America Cookbook, 1996".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 salmon fillets, 6-8 ounces each
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish, squeezed to remove excess moisture
- 1/4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1Lightly butter shallow baking pan or broiler pan.
- 2Arrange salmon filets on buttered pan.
- 3Sprinkle with salt and pepper, drizzle with 1/4 cup Chardonnay.
- 4In small bowl, combine horseradish, bread crumbs and shallot, mix well.
- 5Press into top of each filet.
- 6Bake at 375 for 12 to 14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- 7Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup Chardonnay, cream and lemon juice, cook over medium-high heat until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- 8With wire whisk, beat in 1 cup of the butter.
- 9Remove from heat, beat in remaining 1/2 cup butter until thick and smooth.
- 10Stir in parsley and chives.
- 11If desired, season with salt and pepper.
- 12Serve butter sauce over salmon filets.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Horseradish Salmon With Chardonnay Chive Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 793.0
- Calories from Fat 487
- Total Fat 54.2 g
- Saturated Fat 27.9 g
- Cholesterol 258.1 mg
- Sodium 894.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 66.3 g