Prep 7 mins
Cook 1 hr
Modified this from a low fat cookbook I found. It definitely has plenty of character...you just don't miss the fat!
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons plain prepared horseradish
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped fine
- Pour the wine into a casserole dish, then add the chicken breasts.
- Brush each piece of chicken with vegetable oil. Spread 1/2 Tbs of horseradish over each breast.
- Bake covered at 350º for about 30 minutes. While chicken is baking, graind the mustard seed and combine it with the remaining ingredients.
- After 30 minutes, baste the chicken with the wine sauce in the pan. Then pour the mustard-seed mixture over the chicken and bake uncovered another 20-30 minutes, until chicken is tender.