Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great side dish for a chicken main dish, especially for onion lovers.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 3 large white onions, quartered
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix all ingredients except onions and cheese together.
- Coat 9x11 casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the onions in a single layer in the casserole and pour chicken broth mixture evenly over all the onions.
- Cover onions and bake for 1 hour.
- After hour, remove and sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to oven uncovered and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
So incredibly easy and quite tasty. Hoever, there was a lot of liquid leftover after cooking. I quartered the onions into wedges and I'm not sure if rings wouldn't have been better. Expected to taste some honey but couldn't detect it. All in all, a good recipe. Thanks.