Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Perfect balance between sweet and tart!!
- 3 limes
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 small garlic cloves, crushed with a garlic press
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 24 medium chicken drumsticks (about 6 pounds)
- lime wedge (to garnish)
- Preheat over to 450 degrees. From limes, grate 2 tsp peel and squeeze 1/4 cup juice.
- In small bowl with fork, mix honey, garlic, coriander, salt, pepper, lime juice, and 1 tsp lime peel.
- Arrange chicken on two 15 1/2" by 10 1/2" jelly roll pans. Drizzle lime mixture over chicken; toss to coat evenly. Place pans on oven racks. Bake drumsticks 30-35 minutes, rotating pans between upper and lower racks halfway through baking and occasionally brushing chicken with glaze in pan, until chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to serving dish. Drizzle with pan juices. Garnish with lime wedges and sprinkle with remaining lime peel.
Yummy! I didn't have coriander on hand, so I used parsley instead. I also added some olive oil so the drumsticks would brown. The lime is a refreshing bright taste, a nice change from the heavy breaded chicken. Thanks for sharing!
I love anything with lime and corriander so this recipe was fantastic! The kids even liked it which says something. I got them to help crush up some corriander and mix the sauce together too, then I put the chicken into a zip lock bag with the sauce and let it marinade a while, then put some more sauce in, shook it, shoved it in a pan into the oven and away we went! Mashed potatoes were great with it because it soaked up the juices...thanks for the recipe!
Fantastic wings!! My boyfriend wanted wings with just a hint of lime and they were perfect for him and I wanted lots of lime so I just squeezed a wedge over top of mine and they were exactly what I wanted. Loved them, would make again for sure!