Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
You'll never have another salty, dry ham again! I use this recipe every Christmas and Easter and get a pretty, moist, and succulent ham every time.
- Preheat the oven to 250 or if pressed for time 300.
- Remove the rind from the ham and most of the fat if there in a lot. I always score the ham - cut it diagonally so you get the pretty diamonds. Put a clove in the center of each diamond. Place ham in a baking pan lined with aluminum foil - eliminates that nasty clean up later.
- In a small bowl, combine mustard, brown sugar and honey. Pour glaze over the ham and press into the cuts. Using toothpicks, secure slices of pineapple to the ham with a cherry in the middle of each ring.
- Bake the ham from 4 hours to all day. Baste every 30 minute with equal parts wine and ginger ale, or ginger ale only. Later in the cooking process use the pan juices for basting.
- Remove from the oven and let ham stand for 30 minutes before carving. Enjoy!
This ham is so delicious. I only baked a half ham and I think I should have reduced the glaze by half, but this is the best ham I have ever prepared or eaten. I will make this again and again. I give it 5 stars and I would give it more if I could. It was out of this world.