A little bit of southern cooking for those of us who miss the food back home.
Make and share this Baked Hominy Grits with Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- Combine water, milk, salt, and grits in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Allow 5 minutes for quick-cooking grits and 30 minutes for regular grits Stir a little of the grits in eggs; return to saucepan and mix well with cheese.
- Pour into a buttered 1 quart casserole; dot with butter.
- Bake in 350 F for 40 minutes or until lightly browned.