- 2 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hominy grits
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, milk, salt, and grits in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Allow 5 minutes for quick-cooking grits and 30 minutes for regular grits Stir a little of the grits in eggs; return to saucepan and mix well with cheese.
- Pour into a buttered 1 quart casserole; dot with butter.
- Bake in 350 F for 40 minutes or until lightly browned.