1/1 Photo of Baked Homemade Pretzels
Crafty Lady 13's Note:
Easy to make homemade pretzels. These are lightly sweetened with honey and baked in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Put the yeast in a small bowl with the water and honey. Stir a little, then let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- 3Mix the flour and salt together in a medium-size bowl. After the 5 minutes is up, check on the yeast mixture. It should be bigger than before and a little bubbly. Add this mixture to the flour and salt mixture. Stir everything together. Use a spoon to start. Finish with your hands. The dough is ready when it's still a little crumbly and flaky.
- 4Put the dough on the cutting board and knead it like you are playing with clay. Knead it into one big ball. Break off a piece of dough that's about the size of a large gumball. Use your hands to roll it into a skinny snake. Twist the rolled dough into a medium-sized pretzel shape, and put it on a cookie sheet. Do this with all the dough, making 12 pretzels.
- 5Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool slightly before biting into them.
- 6Tip: If you like, you can sprinkle the pretzels with coarse salt before baking them.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Homemade Pretzels
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 194.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 1.8 g