Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy to make homemade pretzels. These are lightly sweetened with honey and baked in the oven.
Make and share this Baked Homemade Pretzels recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put the yeast in a small bowl with the water and honey. Stir a little, then let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix the flour and salt together in a medium-size bowl. After the 5 minutes is up, check on the yeast mixture. It should be bigger than before and a little bubbly. Add this mixture to the flour and salt mixture. Stir everything together. Use a spoon to start. Finish with your hands. The dough is ready when it's still a little crumbly and flaky.
- Put the dough on the cutting board and knead it like you are playing with clay. Knead it into one big ball. Break off a piece of dough that's about the size of a large gumball. Use your hands to roll it into a skinny snake. Twist the rolled dough into a medium-sized pretzel shape, and put it on a cookie sheet. Do this with all the dough, making 12 pretzels.
- Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool slightly before biting into them.
- Tip: If you like, you can sprinkle the pretzels with coarse salt before baking them.
These are a wonderful little tasty delight that actually were quite easy to make. A bit time consuming for me to get them to roll out correctly, (I think I needed more water.) but once I got the hang of it, they went together nicely. Next time I'll try using wholewheat flour and some flax w/cinnamon to the dough b/f rolling. Perfect!! Made for Feb. Bev. Tag 08~