Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Marinade wings and bake in a hoisin sauce.
- 16 chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon scallion, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Marinate chicken wings for 15 minutes in a mixture of honey, hoisin sauce, water, salt, pepper, garlic, scallion, and ginger. Place chicken wings on a baking pan line with alum foil and bake for 30 minutes, brushing occasionally with marinade. Turn oven to broil and broil chicken wings five more minutes. Turn wings every two minutes to avoid burning.
- To serve, transfer chicken wings to a serving platter and serve hot or at room temperature.
I tried these tonight thinking I had a good chicken wing recipe. I don't know how the other reviewers could score this recipe with 5 stars, it is horrible! One of the worst chicken wing recipes I've tasted. I had to broil them twice as long as the recipe calls for and the pan was on the highest rack. I'm still looking for the Chicken Wing recipe from Leanne Chin's restaurant... the best wings I've tasted!
Excellent wings! Tucking this recipe into my best-of-the-best file. It's a fabulous alternative to the usual buffalo wings. I loved the sauce, which was so flavorful. Make sure you really watch the wings during the broil time at the end. I let mine go a tad bit too long and had to pick off some blackened skin (my fault). Most still turned out well and the taste was fabulous! Thank you.
These were so good, have finger bowls and napkins handy for they are finger licking good. I did diversify a little from the recipe as I am a bit of a last cook and hate the griller/broiler and cooked fully in the oven at 175C fan forced, I initially put the marinated wings (which had marinated for about 1 hour) onto the foiled lined tray meaty side up (I had 1.14 kilos with 9 wings with tips cut off) and cooked at 175C fan forced oven for 30 minutes and then turned the wings and basted with the rest of the sauce and cooked for 15 minutes for fall of the bone sticky succulent wings, thank you Chef #DBLEE, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.