Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great appetizer or side dish. Seasonings are endless possibilities.
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, cut in half crosswise
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease 8" square pan.
- Place tomatoes, cut side up, in pan.
- Top each tomato with cheese, basil and lemon pepper.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until soft and thoroughly heated.
Although I found this dish to be extremely easy to make, it was just a bit tart for my tastebuds. Overall, it is a refreshing side dish.
So simple and it dresses up a dinner plate beautifully. I put on Basil, garlic, Asiago Pepper and instead of the lemon pepper I squeezed on a few drops of fresh lemon Juice and sprinkled a bit of chopped parsley on top. Will look great for the holiday table Thanks Shirl831