Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have not yet made these, but wanted to post the recipe here for safe keeping. If anyone makes these before I get a chance, let me know how they turn out! Recipe from Touch of Home Cookbook.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- In a large saucepan, boil water, butter, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture becomes smooth and shiny. Add parsley and green onions; mix well.
- Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400* for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut a slit in each to allow steam to escape; bake 5 minutes longer. Remove to wire rack to cool.
These are delicious! It was my first time making puffs and they worked out beautifully. I baked them in muffin tins because I wanted to get bigger ones and still they were done after 25 minutes and tasted awesome! They have a fluffy eggy texture and just the right amount of parsley to them. I did add more onion however, but that's just personal preference. Thank you so much for sharing these little gems, qotw13! I will surely make these often!
Great little bites of nothing LOL Love the herby onion taste of these. I made these to go with a beef roast. YUMMY Very nice change from a dinner roll.Will make again Made for Alphabet Soup Tag Jan 2009