Recipe by qotw13
I have not yet made these, but wanted to post the recipe here for safe keeping. If anyone makes these before I get a chance, let me know how they turn out! Recipe from Touch of Home Cookbook.
Top Review by Lalaloula
These are delicious! It was my first time making puffs and they worked out beautifully. I baked them in muffin tins because I wanted to get bigger ones and still they were done after 25 minutes and tasted awesome! They have a fluffy eggy texture and just the right amount of parsley to them. I did add more onion however, but that's just personal preference. Thank you so much for sharing these little gems, qotw13! I will surely make these often!
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, boil water, butter, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture becomes smooth and shiny. Add parsley and green onions; mix well.
- Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400* for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut a slit in each to allow steam to escape; bake 5 minutes longer. Remove to wire rack to cool.