Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Lovers of Balsamic vinegar will say yum yum.
Make and share this Baked Herb Honey Garlic Balsamic Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Season chicken with garlic powder, salt, pepper.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl. DO NOT ADD HONEY.
- Put chicken in a rosting pan and cover in mixture. Turn chicken to be sure both sides are covered with mixture.
- Drizzle half of the honey over chicken, cover and bake for 25 minutes.
- Baste, drizzle remaining honey on chicken, and return to oven uncovered. Bake 30 minutes more or until juices run clear.
Not totally inedible, but close. Weights Watchers has a honey balsamic chicken recipe that is 1000 times better. I really regret that I tried to make something different this time.
Things didn't quite goes as planned with this dish. As I was mixing the mushrooms with the vinegar and herbs, my power went out from a big storm. And it stayed out for 4 hours. So the mushrooms had to sit in the marinade for 24 hours. They were a bit strong, but still tasted fantastic! I look forward to tasting this dish the way it was meant to be prepared!