Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very tasty feta cheese recipe I found going through my old recipes. Not sure where it came from.
- 300 g feta
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C or 350F degrees.
- Place the feta on a 30cm piece of foil or 12inches square.
- Mix together the freshly chopped herbs and press on to the sides of the feta.
- Drizzle with the oil and season to taste with cracked black pepper.
- Gently fold the sides and ends of the foil over to make a parcel.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes until the feta is soft.
- Drain any excess liquid before serving and serve either hot or cold chopped in salads, with bread or as part of a cheese platter.
I served this as an accompaniment to an italian themed meal - it was absolutely brilliant! Everyone loved it - thank you Latchy for posting !
I agree with the others, this is excellent. I have never tried anything like this, and I can see me adding it to my array of cheeses!! I am "home alone" so I tried some hot, (yum) and will try some tomorrow with salad. One hint, I didnt rinse and dry my feta, and it was a bit salty, I like it like that, but others may not. I used dried herbs too, worked well.
Delicious! I made some this afternoon to use in salads tonight but have eaten so much on bread I fear I've spoiled my dinner. Used crumbled feta, fresh rosemary and dried oregano and thyme. One of my favorite appetizers/snacks is to fill a bowl about 1/3 way with feta, then with warm marinara sauce and eat with garlic bread. I can't wait to try it with this wonderful feta. Thanks, Latchy, for a great recipe!