Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
It was by accident that I discovered this and thought that it looked so attractive that I would post it. The herb flavors the potato and looks great on it . They would look lovely on a large platter as part of a buffet or looks great on the dinner plate. I used Oregano but a basil leaf, sage or rosemary would also work. You may put some butter or margarine in with the potato but I enjoyed it plain
- 2 large potatoes, peeled, cut in half
- 4 sprig fresh oregano
- 19.71 ml lime juice or 19.71 ml lemon juice
- 4 piece release aluminum foil or 4 piece of regular aluminum foil, sprayed lightly with
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Place a sprig of oregano on the cut side of a potato half.
- Dribble on 1 tsp juice on each potato half; wrap each in foil.
- Bake in 350 F oven for 30-45 minutes until tender.
- Open the foil, leave oregano on the potato, place 6" below broiler for 15 minutes or until the potato is browned.
- Serve, leaving the herb on the potato.
Tastes good as long as you don't burn them. 15 minutes under the broiler is about 10 minutes too long.