Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple crusted fish dish using macadamias and herbs. Baked in the oven. Serve with veges, chips or a salad on the side. You can vary the herbs used dependant upon taste or availability. This crust is also great on flattened chicken breast fillets
- 4 firm fish fillets (250 grams each) or 4 salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed (can use bottled minced garlic)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C (360°F ) and spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place fillets into dish and brush with the macadamia oil.
- In a small bowl combine the crust ingredients and mix to form a thick paste.
- Spread the macadamia crust over the top of the fish fillets. press on evenly using your hands or the back of a soon.
- Bake for approx 10 minutes , or until the fish flakes when tested with a fork. The cooking time will very depending on the thickness of the fish. Check for doneness after each few minutes.
Great recipe! Flavors went so well with tilapia and loved that it is baked, not fried. Baking time was perfect. Will be making this again.
Great recipe! Also used tilapia, did not use the parsley. Will be making it again. Baked it for 20 minutes.
I scaled this back for 1 serve and just so enjoyed this crust on my fillet of salmon. I put the crust on the skin side which I had drizzled with virgin macadamia oil and baked for 12 minutes in a 175C fan forced oven for a 200 gram fillet and it was cooked just to my liking (slightly underdone but flaking). Squeezed a little fresh lemon juice over and perfection. Thank you **Jubes**, made for Make My Recipe - Edition 11.