Recipe by Lene
My kids go mad for these baked hedgehog tatties. They love the different colours of the herbs, tomatoes, courgettes and mozzarella and adore the taste.
- 1000 g baking potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced lengthways
- 4 baby courgettes, thinly sliced lengthways
- 150 g ball mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade. Scrub, dry and prick the potatoes with a fork. Place them directly on the oven shelf and cook for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, mix together the olive oil, garlic and rosemary and some salt and pepper.
- With padded oven gloves, take the potatoes out of the oven. Make deep cuts widthways about 1cm apart in each potatoes, taking care not to cut right through. Slot the tomatoes, courgettes, and mozzarella into the slices, arranging and alternating them so they all fit evenly into the potatoes. If the potatoe starts to break up, don't worry, just thread a skewer through to keep everything together.
- Transfer the hot potatoes to a baking sheet and drizzle over the rosemary oil. Bake for a further 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling and vegetables are tinged with golden brown.