Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mom made this recipe to go with ham but it would dress up any meal and is especially nice when the meat is plain.
- 15 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated American cheese
- 14 marshmallows
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- Combine sugar, flour, salt, pineapple juice and egg in a saucepan.
- Mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Cook over medium heat until thick.
- In a 1 quart casserole, layer pineapple, cheese and marshmallows.
- Pour cooked mixture over the top.
- Bake covered at 300 degrees for 20 minutes.
Very intersting dish. I had a pinneapple night liast night I guess you could say and this was one of the dished that I served. The mixture of sweet marshmellows/pineapple and savory cheese was odd. It was etheir you liked it or hated it it seemed. ANd the people who hated it also hate sweet potatoe casserole with the same mix of marshmellow sweet and savory idea. Very odd dish that I think I'll make again when I want a change.
This is horrible! I am sorry, but this is probably the worst recipe I have seen on this site up to now (I think it is the first time that I have given one star). I have no clue how to save this.