Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I created this recipe one year when I needed to serve 75 fourth graders at their annual Valentine's Dance. It was a huge success with the kids. See if your picky eaters will enjoy it! I serve it over rice.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, crumbled
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, halves
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse chicken and place in a shallow casserole dish or 9X13 pan. Sprinkle chicken with salt.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Mix pineapple juice, garlic, cornstarch, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard and rosemary until cornstarch is smooth.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Arrange pineapple slices over the chicken and place a cherry inside of each pineapple center.
- Cover the pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cover and bake for 5 minutes longer.
- Spoon sauce over the chicken (and rice) when serving.
i think the above poster doesn't know how to cook. Great recipe, very moist, flavoful! and pretty too. :D (hint above poster, if you marniate the chicken for an hour before baking, then bake slow, it will be moist and juicy)
This was moist and delicious and very flavorful. I made it with my Hawaiian stuffing Hawaiian Stuffing and we pretended we were in the tropics. Thank you for the enjoyable dinner.
I can't imagine eating something drier and more tasteless. I was literally stunned when the chicken came out so flavorless; I think that eating baked paper would be preferable. Do yourself a favor: DON'T make this.