Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 4 cups non-sparkling white wine or 4 cups pink grape juice
- 3 cups unpeeled yams, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 3 cups carrots, cut into 1 1/2 inch slices
- 3 cups parsnips, cut into 1 1/2 inch slices
- 3 cups onions, cut into 1 1/2 inch wedges
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups celery, cut into 1 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 5 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the first 6 ingredients into a stainless steel or cast iron pot.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid and bake for 60 minutes.
- Add celery.
- Continue baking for 30 minutes more.
- Remove from oven.
- Place pot on medium heat on stove and bring to a boil.
- Mix 1/3 cup water and arrowroot together until smooth.
- Pour into vegetable mixture, stirring constantly until it thickens and becomes clear.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.